Mounting to bike
- 2 bands are included, select the one sized best for your bike seat post
- Clip the band to one side of the light
- Place on the back of the seat post, and wrap the band around, clip the other side of the band to the other side of the light
- Press the button to turn on
- The display will show the current battery level, then the pattern after several seconds
- The light will now turn itself on and off automatically
- After your bike is not moving for ~ 30 sec, the light will power down
- The next time you go to move the bike and it’s dark out, the light will come on by itself
- Press the button when the light is running to view battery level
- Press the button when the light is running, the battery level will show
- Press again within 2 sec to cycle through patterns, keep pressing to view the next pattern
- Once you see the pattern you want, wait (don’t press button) and after 3 sec the new pattern will be set
- When the battery gets low, take the light off your bike seat post
- Connect a USB-C charging cable to the light
- The display will show the progress of the charge, it takes ~ 4 hr to fully charge
- The display will show all lights green fading on and off slowly when it is done
Manually turning off
- If you need to keep the light from turning on by itself, you can manually turn it off
- First, make sure the light is on and showing the pattern
- Then, press and hold the button and wait until the lights turn fully off, then release the button
- It is now off, see “turning on” on how to turn it back on again manually
Most Importantly- Hacking it!
Head over to the Github repo (this is private now, please shoot me a note here to be added to it). The Github repo has instructions on programming the light.
Have a request for new feature? One that sucks?
I would love to hear ideas for new features, or bugs/ things that are annoying about the light. I am hoping to improve it based on your feedback! Please head to the page below to add your feedback:
Technical issues/ questions?
Shoot me a note here and I will be happy to help!